About this Item
- Hot-dipped galvanized steel
- Stamped from 1/4 in. steel
- Laser-cut for a professional look
- Direct matches to Ace Labs angles
- Fits many types of I-beam boat cradle styles
- Multiple lengths include 12 in., 16 in., and 22 in. long
- Pack of 8 Angles (4 Sets) with mounting fasteners
The Galvanized Chock Angle Bracket Kit is laser cut for a professional look. Made from 1/4 in. hot-dipped galvanized steel. Incredibly adaptable to any types of I-Beam boat cradle beams. Features 1/2 in. mounting holes on both sides of the flange. They are 1 1/2 in. center-to-center on the flange. The mounting holes run the entire length of the flange. This makes it adjustable to different cradle beam configurations. The angles are a direct match to the original Ace Labs chock angles. Made by BH-USA. Includes all mounting fasteners.
(8) – Galvanized Chock Angle Bracket
(16) #52109 – 1/2″ x 3″ Galvanized GR2 Carriage Bolt
(8) #52129 – Galvanized Hex Head Bolts – 1/2 in. x 4 1/2 in.
(24) #52110 – 1/2 in. Galvanized Nuts
(16) #52111 – 1/2 in. Galvanized Flat Washers
(8) #52112 – 1/2 in. Galvanized Lock Washers
Chock Angle Lengths:
Galvanized steel is created by dipping standard steel into molten zinc by a process called hot dipping. The layer of zinc serves as a protectant from corrosion. The protectant makes galvanized steel the best option for seawater environments. Galvanized steel typically has a rough surface and can vary in color. There is no uniform finish for this type of steel.
Galvanized steel is ideal for marine environments because of its protective layer over carbon steel. Stainless steel will react with salt water resulting in rust. The zinc layer on galvanized steel prevents this reaction. The protective layer can corrode or fade over time. This is due to the zinc sacrificing itself to protect the base metal.