About this Item
- Weight Rating: 1,500 lbs. (distributed)
- Welded 5/16 in. thick endplates with 5/8 in. minimum cable attachment mounting holes
- Made from steel then hot-dipped galvanized
- Measures 4 in. from top of flange to bottom of the flange
- Ships via freight (loose beams)
The 4″ Galvanized Cradle Beam is designed for galvanized boat cradles. The beam measures 4 inches from the top of the beam to the bottom of the beam. The cradle has a welded end plate on both sides with a 5/8 in. minimum punched hole centered in the endplate. The endplates are welded to the beam, then hot-dipped-galvanized. Safely holds 1,500 lbs. distributed load. 5/16 in. thick endplates. Made by BH-USA. Ships via freight (loose beams).
Created by dipping standard steel into molten zinc by a process called hot-dipped galvanizing (HDG). Galvanized steel is an economical way to slow corrosion of the base metal in marine environments because zinc forms a protective barrier around the carbon steel. The protective layer will slowly corrode or fade over time due to the zinc sacrificing itself to protect the base metal. Galvanized steel typically has a rough surface and can vary in color.