About this Item
- Lead weight will not rust
- Stainless steel hardware included
- Keeps your cradle beam from floating
10 lb. Aluminum Cradle Weight Kit
The 10 lb. Aluminum Cradle Weight Kit adds weight to aluminum boat cradles to keep them from floating while using wooden bunks. The 5/8 in. x 5 in. Stainless Steel Hex Bolt, 1/2 thread is designed to fit standard 6 in. aluminum I-beams. For larger cradle beams you will need to furnish a longer bolt. Drill holes at the outside of the beams closest. Add more weight as needed in 10 lb. increments. Mounting hardware included. Drill bit not included.
(1) #12310 – 10 lb. Split Lead Cable Weight
(1) 5/8 in. x 5 in. Stainless Steel Hex Bolt, 1/2 thread
(1) #21219 – 5/8 in. Stainless Steel Nut
(2) #21290 – 5/8 in. Stainless Steel Flat Washer
(1) #17548 – 5/8 in. Stainless Steel Lock Washer
- Drill a hole using a 17/32 in. drill bit into the web of the cradle beam.
- Split the cable weight into two halves.
- Insert the 5/8 in. x 5 in. bolt with a flat washer into one half of the weight.
- Insert the bolt into the drilled hole.
- Add the other half of the weight on the other side of the cradle beam.
- Secure weight to the cradle beam using the flat washer, lock washer, and nut on the threads of the bolt.